WinUAE 3.3.0 + Portable
WinUAE v3.3.0 + Portable | 16.8 Mb
WinUAE has been designed as a software solution capable to emulate the old Commodore Amiga computers 500 / 1000 / 2000 and allow you to run programs built specifically for this type of computing machine.
Smooth installation process
Installing the application on the system is a swift process that does not require too much effort from the user.
Immediately after launch the program seeks the appropriate system ROM file. This can be added from the configuration panel, which is quite extensive and includes numerous options for a more enjoyable experience.
Apart from including multiple presets for hardware emulation WinUAE also allows making some adjustments for a better balance between the compatibility and the necessary CPU power.
It can also emulate drives and offers the possibility to tinker with plenty of settings related to both hardware components as well as the host machine.
Configuring hardware emulation
As far as the emulated hardware is concerned, WinUAE supports multiple CPUs and provides control over the emulation speed, CPU frequency and cache size.
The chipset, along with the memory settings and the storage drives, are also subject to customization. You can choose the type of the floppy that has to be emulated and CD and hard drives (a special file is required for storing the modifications).
Set up the host computer
Among the settings touching on the host computer the user can configure the display and the sound system. However, there are option relating to the game ports, too.
There is also the possibility to configure the input options, which include support for the mouse.
Experience old technology on new hardware
WinUAE seems to have everything it takes for proper emulation of the ancient hardware so that you can load specific content and relieve the days of the past. The application is developed specifically for aficionados that know exactly where to find all the necessary resources.
- New optional "indirect" UAE expansion trap system, fully compatible
with OS 4.x, virtual memory and some debugging programs.
- PC Bridgeboard disk drive raw image support. (ipf, ext adf,...)
- Monochrome video out emulation, including A1000 color/mono video
out software control (BPLCON0 COLOR bit).
- Dark palette fix option to correct colors of badly ported Atari ST
games (Midnight Resistance etc..)
- Official CSPPC/BPPC flash updater can be used to install full ROM
image without having existing ROM image file.
- Custom input events can execute Amiga-side commands and scrs.
- Windows clipboard to emulated Amiga keyboard paste support.
- Variable refresh rate optimized vsync mode (G-Sync/FreeSync).
- Black frame injection is supported in variable refresh modes.
- IVS Trumpcard Pro/GrandSlam SCSI emulation.
OS4.x supported UAE expansions:
- Directory harddrives, including on the fly insertion/removal.
- CDFS CD mounting.
- Clipboard sharing.
- uaegfx RTG.
- uaehf.device hardfiles.
- Virtual mouse driver/magic mouse/tablet mode.
Thanks to all who donated.
NOTE: Performance is not (and can't be) as fast as with m68k AmigaOS,
especially with directory harddrives, due to slower, much more
complex UAE to/from native code context switch trap system.
- Game Ports panel input customization is finally very intuitive.
- On the fly input device insertion/removal improvements.
- Many input device handling updates and fixes.
- Faster screenshot/capture in after filtering mode.
- Continuous screenshot mode.
- CD32 Akiko chip low level emulation compatibility improved.
- Nero .nrg CD image support.
- Hardware RTG emulation rendered same frame twice in some situations
causing slow performance.
- Amithlon partition type (0x78/0x30) support works again.
- Some storage devices failed to mount as a harddrive.
- AGA subpixel scrolling glitches.
- Miscellaneous custom chipset emulation fixes.
- AGA mode HAM6 colors were not 100% accurate.
- Some programmed custom chipset display modes crashed.
- Direct3D mode DirectX9 not installed warning corrupted memory.
- Fullscreen + paused + enter GUI: GUI was invisible.
- Display panel gamma value calculation fixed.
- CDFS automount didn't mount CDs with empty label.
Links are Interchangeable - Single Extraction - Premium is support resumable