Portable File Renamer 16.6.1
Portable File Renamer 16.6.1|Windows(x86/x64)|rar|9.75 mb
Renaming files or folders can be very cumbersome, especially if you want to rename a high number of files. But it is not necessary to click on every single file individually, make some changes just to take the same procedure at the next file! The reason is, you know about the FileRenamer!
This tool is exactly specialized in this task. You only have to add all files or folders that should be renamed to the list in the application, specify the changes and click on "Apply Changes" in order to give the files or folders a new name.
There are many options and settings available for the renaming that can easily be activated or deactivated in the program. For example, you can search and replace in filenames, texts can be deleted from or inserted into filenames, special character groups can be deleted or replaced, text can be appended at the beginning or the end of the name, you can cut an arbitrary number of characters from the front or the back of the name, you can truncate the file name to a specific length, the writing (lowercase, uppercase etc) can be changed automatically, files can be numbered, a mask for the files can be applied and many more. Most settings can be applied for the name and the extension of the file individually.
In all text input fields, next to usual text, also some placeholders can be used. There are placeholders, for example, for the old filename, the file extension, the folders, the current date or time, the file dates, or the number of the file in the list. Furthermore, the search and replace function as well as the delete function can also be used with regular expressions making the work much more flexible at this point.
Apart from that, the FileRenamer is also providing some functions to change the attributes of files and folders. So, for example, it is possible to modify the file attribute "hidden" or "read-only" or to set the date of a file or folder ("modified", "created" or "last accessed").
It is important that this tool only renames files and folders or changes their attributes, but changes nothing at the file content. Even the overwriting of a file is prevented, because the name can only be changed if there is no other file with the same name in the corresponding folder.
Of course, the File Renamer is fully compatible with Unicode. This means that both files and folders can contain any Unicode character and you can replace or insert Unidoce in the file names.
* Files and Folders: With this tool, it is possible to rename both, files as well as folders.
* Name and Extension: The filename and the file extension can be edited together or independent from each other. You can also define rules that should only apply to the name or only the extension.
* Search and Replace: You can search for specific strings within file names of file extensions in order to replace them with other strings.
* Truncate: You can shorten file names and file extensions to a specific length and is possible to cut a defined number of characters from the beginning or the end.
* Writing: You can automatically change the writings of the name and extension independent from each other (first character uppercase, all letters uppercase or lowercase).
* Append: You can append a prepend an arbitrary text to the front or the back of the filename or the fileextension.
* Insert: You can insert a text at a specific position (counted from the beginning or the end of the name).
* Delete: It is possible to delete a determined text from the filename or The file extension.
* Regular Expressions: In the functions "Search and Replace" and "Delete", next to normal text, you can also use regular expressions.
* Placeholders: You can use placeholders in All text fields (search and replace, append, delete or insert text, mask and so on). There are placeholders, for example, for the old filename (%name%), the old file extension (%ext%), the sub folders (%dir1%, %dir2% and so on), the number of the file in the list (%num%), the absolute number of files (%abs%), the current date and time, the file dates (last modification, last access, creation date) and so on. You can find a complete list of all placeholders that are available on the page placeholders.
* Numbering: Using the placeholder %num% that can be used in all text fields, it is possible to number files. You can specify the settings which initial value should be used for numbering, whether leading zeros should be used and which increment is applied. This function can be useful for example when some photos have been numbered by the digital camera, but there are now some holes because of deletions.
* Mask:You can define a mask for the name as well as for the extension. Next to placeholders, arbitrary characters can be used in the mask. For example, the mask "%name%-1" can be used to attach "-1" to the old filename. The placeholder %name% will be replaced by the old name.
* Common Replacements: Some frequent replacements (such as replace hyphens, underscores or dots by spaces or vice versa) are available by just activating a checkbox.
* Delete Character Groups: With activating or deactivating a checkbox, you can define whether specific character groups should be removed from the name (for example spaces, digits, Latin, Greek, Cyrillic uppercase or lowercase letters, diacritics or special characters).
* Rewrite: There are some options available for rewriting the file name (separate CamelCase to single words, replace or remove diacritics, URL-Encode or URL-Decode).
* Modify File Attributes: The program is make it possible to change specific attributes of files and folders, for example "read-only" or "hidden".
* Change File Date: File dates and folder dates can also be changed. It is possible to modify the dates "last access", "created" and "last modified".
* Unicode Support: In all functions dealing with strings, folders or file names, you can use any Unicode characters. So, you can also replace and rename Chinese, Cyrillic, Greek or other characters with the File Renamer easily.
* Save Configuration: You can automatically save the last settings or you can save and load profiles containing specific settings. With this, it is possible to save the rules that you are often using.
* No bad investment: You can download this Software for free (Freeware) and it nevertheless works absolutely and unlimitedly in its full performance range. In addition, you can pass the Software as often as you would like. You only pay for the Software if you want to pay something and even then you are able to pay as much as you want.
* Portable Software (No installation required): The program works without installation. This spares your registry and you can immediately use it.
New Language (2016/05/29): Francais (French).
New Language (2016/05/27):(Russian).
New Operating System (2016/05/24): Release of the Mac OS X version.
Placeholder for File Dates (2016/04/24): Adding placeholders for the date of the last modification, the last access and the creation of the file.
Placeholder for Folder Names (2016/04/23): The new placeholders %dir1%, %dir2% ... %dir50% are standing for the folder names under the file.
IBM or compatible Pentium/AMD processor (900 MHz or greater), 512 MB RAM or greater. 1024 x 768, 16-bit display (32-bit recommended)
Windows XP, Windows Vista all SP, Windows 7, Windows 10 х64 It is not guaranteed to work.
Language Multilanguage(Russian English)
Buy Premium From My Links To Support Me & Download with MaX SPeeD!