BleachBit 1.12 + Portable
BleachBit 1.12 + Portable | 18.6 Mb
BleachBit is a powerful application designed to thoroughly clean your computer and remove unnecessary files, in order to free up space and delete privacy-related data. It is particularly useful when you are sharing your computer with other people, since anyone can be curious enough to look up your personal information.
Once the quick installation procedure is completed, you can check out the well-organized layout of BleachBit, which makes it possible to easily perform operations.
Erase sensitive information to protect your privacy
So, you can delete backup, .DS_Store, Thumbs.db and temporary files, along with system items, such as the Clipboard content, logs, memory dump, MUI cache, Prefetch, Recycle Bin, and temporary files.
The application can also delete files that belong to web browsers like Firefox and Chrome. Some of these objects include cache, cookies, crash reports, DOM storage, URL history, session restore, and site preferences.
As fast as application-related content goes, the tool is able to clear Flash (cache and cookies), Microsoft Office (debug logs and most recently used files) and Windows Explorer (e.g. recent documents list, Run, Search history), WinRAR and VLC media player (most recently used files), among others.
Find out how much disk space can be released, and resort to additional security tools
An important aspect worth mentioning is that BleachBit allows you to preview results and find out how much disk space is salvaged after deleting the selected files. Cleaning these items is easily done, with the simple click of a button.
Other tools of BleachBit let you shred files and folders to prevent them from being recovered with specialized programs, wipe free space, create a custom list of files and folders ready for deletion, as well as create a whitelist.
Evaluation and conclusion
The program requires a moderate quantity of CPU and system memory to work properly (depending on your hardware's specifications), has a good response time and finishes a clean job rapidly, without causing the operating system to hang, crash or display error notifications. We have not come across any issues throughout our testing.
With all things considered, BleachBit delivers immediate solutions to emptying the system of unnecessary data in order to prevent pry eyes from accessing your private data, as well as to make room for new files at the same time.
* Simple operation: read the descrions, check the boxes you want, click preview, and click delete.
* Free of charge
* Free to share, learn, and modify (open source)
* Free of adware, spyware, and malware
* Translated to 43 language
* Shred files to hide their contents and prevent data recovery
* Shred any file (such as a spreadsheet on your desktop)
* Overwrite free disk space to hide previously deleted files
* Portable app for Windows: run without installation
* Command line interface for scring and automation
* CleanerML allows anyone to write a new cleaner using XML
* Import winapp2.ini cleaner files (a separate download) giving Windows users access to 440 additional cleaners
* Frequent software updates with new features
Buy Premium From My Links To Support Me & Download with MaX SPeeD!